Sunday, November 13, 2011

How to remove Buckets Seats in Nissan Sentra and install a different type of seat?

So I have a Nissan Sentra and I cannot stand the bucket seats in it. I know I know, why would I ever want to change the seats? They annoy me lol.





Can someone tell me if I can actually go about and change the seats and get some new ones installed and how much it would cost for them?|||You can buy seats for about $225 each from Jegs, for some decent bucket seats.





You either need adapter brackets, or to reinforce your floor and drill new holes to mount the seat. You'll need to peel the carpet back if this is the case, to weld in the reinforcement.





Figure about $300-500 to have a shop do the installation by drilling the floor, or about $150 for an adapter (if one exists), or about $250 to have an adapter made by a metal fab shop.|||Pull your old seats, and carefully remove the slider rails that bolted to the floor.[they may need cut off.]


bolt the sliders back in the car floor. set the new seats, minus the slide rails, on the old rails. mark where they should set. you may or may not need to cut some brackets to get a flat spot to weld the seat back together. I use 1 inch flat bar from some where like lowes or home depot. once your satisfied with the location weld them back together. i've done it several times, its easier than it sounds , but you do need them welded for saftey.|||of course you can change the seats you can modify any car for anything if you have the money. i would say between 800-5000 dollars. id use some common sense and find a shop that specializes in customizing and get an estimate

No comments:

Post a Comment