Saturday, November 19, 2011

How long does it take to complete a drive cycle on a 1996 Nissan Altima 5-speed?

I have a 1996 Nissan Altima 5-speed that needs an emissions test. Most of the drive cycle is complete and I have a list of the steps to complete the drive cycle.





I was wondering if I had to do each step in one outing or can I do them on different outings or days. Or even perform some of the steps out of order.|||I have seen several early 1996 Altimas/ Sentras that never complete all the checks. Evap will not pass if below 1/4 tank or above 3/4 tank. Some States emissions testing allows the 1996 car to run on the rollers for tail pipe emissions and that may be what you need to do (in Texas). Replacing the Engine Control Module some times fixes the non complete drive Cycle too.

No comments:

Post a Comment