Saturday, November 19, 2011

Do Nissan Muranos really have an extra "blindspot" because of the design of the car?

I'm going to be purchasing a new car soon and I really like the Nissan Murano. Someone told me that people who have these SUV's complain of not being able to see out of a blind spot in the back/side. I guess this is supposedly due to the design of the back of the SUV. Anyway, I am planning on test driving one, but I was wondering what everyone thought about this


"rumor". Thanks!|||I bring your attention to the following link:





http://www.epinions.com/content_39569532鈥?/a>





Notice the following portion of the article written by the test driver:





"However, I simply cannot recommend this car because of the blind spot. I drove it for a week in a variety of conditions: intown, interstate, state highways, residential areas, and had daily "near misses" because of the blind spots at the rear on both sides. I had to pay very keen attention, and even then still had near misses. Between the design of the window pillars and the mirror locations, other cars could get near and I simply could not see them. Because of the poor visibility from inside, I had to drive by mirrors alone when backing up and performing similar maneuvers. A small convex mirror on the left and right mirrors would likely have helped tremendously, but I feel a new car shouldn't have such a flaw. The only vehicles I've ever driven that had such profound blind spots were service vans and large work trucks."





Best wishes!|||You're welcome.

Report Abuse


|||Lots of vehicles have blind spots. Especially 18 wheelers on their right side...stay away.





The best thing to do is to make sure that you have your outside mirrors adjusted so that you are able to erase, so to speak, those blind spots. You might want to opt. for a larger outside mirror. There are also after market panorama inside rear view


mirrors that clip on the original. Then you can feel comfortable in your new Murano.|||Almost all cars have blind spots some worst than others. Its slowly getting better.


I f you really like the Murano buy it and be aware of the blind spots and compensate for it.|||that isnt a rumor..that's a fact. u will soon see this when u get behind the wheel. even a blazer doesnt have the blind spot problem this pig has. unless ur proficent at driving a semi, avoid this pos. it will get u into a world of hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment