Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Would it be safe to drive a nissan versa in the mountains?

This Thursday I will be making a day trip from Murfreesboro to Chattanooga and will be renting a car.


I would like to get one nice and easy on gas and was thinking of renting a Nissan Versa, I need to know if it would be a good and safe care to take, any advise or suggestions? Please and thanks :)|||Driving from M'boro to Chattanooga is hardly driving "in the mountains". It is interstate all the way. Rent the Versa and use the trip as a long test drive.



EDIT -- The climb to Lookout Mountain isn't that bad, just slow and narrow.|||I'm curious as to why you would even ask such a question. Why would it NOT be safe?|||Drive carefully and enjoy your trip.|||Going over Mont Eagle isn't much of a climb and that's the only real hill you have. The Versa has a small engine, but that isn't much work for any car. Just don't try to drive it too fast. You'll know what the car likes for cruising speed by the way it feels within a few miles on the interstate. I see them cruising at 65-70 all of the time on the interstates in REAL mountains.



I noticed you added Lookout Mountain and Rock City. Those are easy tourist roads that bicycles climb. My 18 wheeler can (and has) climbed those hills many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment