Saturday, November 19, 2011

What changes to make a Nissan Skyline R-34 to be legal in the USA?

What changes have to be made to make a Nissan Skyline R-34 to be legal in the USA?


I was just curious, because I am always reading about people having problems with them.


I also know that you can legally import them it just cost money to make the changes, also that you do not have to directly follow state law because federal law overrides any state laws.





Now I just want to know what the changes are.|||the R34s to my knowledge are illegal to import to the USA period








why not get a sexy 1972 Nissan Skyline ( NO SMOG needed)


- I bought mine for 9 grand.





as first poster said you can only get the R33, though I've seen a couple R32's





Its a pain in the *** getting them legalized especially if you live in california


So my guess it would cost you anywhere from 35+ grand





I've seen some for sale on craigslist in states that do not require smog checks just visual


may have better luck on some that are already here|||I am not sure any one actually went to jail. . . Contact the US Customs, EPA Department of Transportation and NITSA. If that does not confuse you? Remember restoring a 15 year old Japan Car that you cannot get parts for might be difficult. Total cost may be as much as a new 370Z before your done.|||Can only import the r33 for conversion.





The feds closed the loophole on the "kit car" way people did it before. Before they collapsed (and went to jail) Motorex crash tested an r33 and hence it is available for conversion.

No comments:

Post a Comment