Tuesday, November 22, 2011

What amount should I expect from Carmax to sell my 2007 Nissan Sentra?

I want to sell my 2007 Nissan Sentra and get a cheaper car that I can pay off in a year, because I will become a full time student. The car was in an minor accident and had some slight water damage that was repaired by Nissan. I currently owe $13,822.00. Anyone with experience selling their car to Carmax have any idea what kind of figure they might offer me?|||Dealing with carmax, they will likely offer you around 30 to 40 percent lower than trade-in.|||I used CARMAX own site, which links to KBB.





Says your car is worth 10,025-12,000 on trade in.





That was using 12000 miles and excellent condition.|||Go to kbb, expect to get the 'fair' value, even though it's a '07. Shop around at other dealerships- esp. at a Nissan dealership. They're going to get quotes from several places: kbb, black book, and how much taht used car manager wants it on his/her lot. Have numbers in your hand, and don't tell them what you expect for it, until AFTER they tell you their price first...|||Don't go by Kelly Blue Book, it is way to freaking high.|||You will most likely get lower than the KBB value, unless you sell it privately you will not get the true value of your car

No comments:

Post a Comment