Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Where can I go to find a painted nissan mirror?

I need to replace a 2005 nissan altima 2.5 drivers side mirror, the whole assembly. Is there any trustworthy sites I can go to for this type of mirror and have it painted at the same place then shipped to me for one price?|||Wouldn't it just be easier to carry it into a local autobody / paint shop???|||Most mirrors come black. If your mirror is a different color than it needs to be painted. You might be able to find a mirror in a junk yard that is already painted but that is rare.





I would buy the mirror and then take it to an automotive paint store to have the paint matched. Ask the person at the store if he knows anyone who could paint it in their spare time. Lots of people that work at paint stores do some paint work on the side. You could probably get it painted much cheaper than if you took it to a bodyshop.|||See up an eBay search for the mirror in the color you want. I found a pair for my Accord already color matched - luckily because my daughter broke the other one within a day of replacing the drivers side mirror. It may take a little bit but eventually one will show up. THe other option is car-parts.com. It is a junkyard search engine for finding vehicles with what you need.|||Many items are already painted that you can get from the dealer. I will not imply that this would be cheap but it may very well be the "easiest way " to solve the problem.


Usually the painted items become "scarser" as the vehicle gets older.


Or try a salvage yard if you prefer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment