Saturday, November 19, 2011

Are Nissan Pathfinders made from 1990 to present have good gas mileage and are they reliable on highways?

I thinking of buying a nissan pathfinder but i have to know if this car is good for my budget.|||I had a 2003 PF, and it was NOT good! Gas mileage was horrible. I drove mostly on the highways and averaged only around 18 mpg. The engine also used about a quart of oil per 1000 miles. The dealer had it 4 times and could not figure out where the oil was going - there were no leaks and no blue smoke from the tailpipe - quite a mystery! I put 5 oxygen sensors in it (probably due to the oil issue) over 2 years. I ended up getting rid of it.





I know a lot of people are happy with theirs, and the 3.5 V6 is supposed to be a good engine, but I sure got a lemon!





Hope that helps!|||the gas mileage is similar to any truck based vehicle. overall reliability pretty good, depending on mileage and how it was cared for. the best thing to do is have a mechanic inspect one before you buy it. then you can get an idea what kinds of costs you are looking at for repairs and maintenance.|||I've got a 1993 Pathfinder 4door with the 3.5L v6 engine and an auto tranny. Car was owned by my mechanic and perfectly cared for from the day it left the dealer.





I get about 17mpg in the city and between 20mpg and 25mpg on the highway. in 4 wheel drive in snow or on dirt roads I get around 12mpg





if the car was well maintained you could pick one up and have it last a long time, mine has about 280k miles on it and still going strong.





if it wasn't well mainted the car can suck a whole lot of money really, really fast.





If you do buy it Change the Oil every 5k miles. Use a top dollar synthetic oil, it makes the difference of about 6mpg if i use cheap or mid-grade stuff in mine or if i try to squeeze to 10k between changes.





Best of luck.|||I own a 2008 with the 4.0L V6. 266HP engine and is rated at 20MPG highway. I drive in stop and go traffic and get 17.5MPG. I also use the recommended 93 octane. Using cheaper gas is OK but the trade off will be MPG and power.





|||Nissan Pathfinders were originally based on the Nissan Pickup Truck Chassis and running gear, about as reliable as one can get.


They have evolved somewhat since those early days but they are still pretty reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment