Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Can a missing EVAP canister purge control solenoid valve affect how well my 98 Nissan Maxima starts?

My 98 Nissan Maxima has been giving me trouble starting. If it's the first time I use it in the day, the engine takes quite awhile to turn.





I know the EVAP canister purge control solenoid valve of my Nissan needs to be replaced, but my mechanic says that that part should have nothing to do with how well my car starts. Could this be the reason for the poor starting or should I keep looking?|||Question of the day is why dose the valve need replacing? The last Nissan I needed to replace that valve on , was plugged up with carbon from a bad charcoal canister. It was sucking charcoal into the motor , not a good thing. If the valve is stuck open , at best you will have a vacuum leak , at worst , you will be sucking fumes from the tank all the time. Have your guy check a little closer. By the way, the dealer had new canisters and control valves on the shelf. That should tell you something. If all else is correct it may be part of your start problem

No comments:

Post a Comment