Saturday, November 19, 2011

How can I tow my 1993 Nissan Altima out of the tow yard if I'm missing the keys-car too old to obtain keycode?

I lost my keys to the car and the city towed it because it stayed in one spot for too long. I need to get it out of the tow yard to call a locksmith to look at it because the car is too old for the local Nissan dealer to obtain a key-code. Does anyone know how I'd be able to accomplish this?|||1. Have the towing company move it for you, obviously they have it figured out.


2. Rent a car dolly or trailer from U-Haul and move it yourself.


3. Have the locksmith go to the impound yard and make the new key. If it runs, drive it home.|||I don't know if this will work on your particular car and since it will damage the car slightly, you may not want to try it, but I did this on a LeBaron once after seeing it in the "Terminator" films (the following is how the Terminator steals cars). Crack open the steering column cowling and you may be able to simply press down on the button the key touches when you start it.|||as long as the front wheels are off the ground when towing then you're ok, also a dealership can sometimes cut a key according to the vin which you can see in the drivers side lower corner of windshield, or off of your title or registration

No comments:

Post a Comment