Sunday, November 13, 2011

I bought a 2010 Nissan maxima and every time I fill up the gas tank, the engine start making a knocking noise.?

I bought a 2010 Nissan maxima and every time I fill up the gas tank, the engine start making a knocking noise. But once the tank gets to 3/4th the knocking goes away. I have been putting shell V-Power in my car since the day I got it. Any idea what causes that?|||Knocking is usually an indication of pre-ignition in the cylinders, and bad for the engine if it does it for extended period of time. I believe this car requires 91 minimum octane, is that what Shell V-Power is rated at? Regardless, if it is under warranty, take it to the dealer.|||check engine lite on? if so get scan


its brand new,,did u read owners manual


try a differnt brand and try 94 octane see if it affects it,may be computer is not retarding timing


and dont drive around like that,,take it to dealer asap|||Take it to the dealer and let the dealer figure it out its under warranty.................%%%|||It seems to me that the tank re-breather is malfunctioning!

No comments:

Post a Comment