Sunday, November 13, 2011

What are the steps to replacing a 2005 Nissan Sentra fuel pressure regulator?

I need step-by-step instructions to replacing a fuel pressure regulator for an '05 Nissan Sentra. The dealership wants $400 to replace it; however, I am mechanically inclined and like to to as much mechanical work myself. So I am looking to find out if this task is within my skills.|||Step #1 - Make sure the fuel tank is as empty as you can get it by siphoning the fuel out into a container





Step #2 - Relieve fuel pressure by removing fuel pump relay from power distribution box and then crank the engine over for about 10-20 seconds. Fuel pump relay should be labeled





Step #3 - Remove fuel tank straps, drop tank down enough to gain access to fuel lines and electrical connections. Disco everything hooked to the fuel tank and remove tank from car





Step #4 - Remove fuel pump module from fuel tank, change fuel pressure regulator and reinstall





Step #5 - Installation is reverse of removal





This task is moderately difficult, but if you have a floor jack and an assortment of common tools you should be fine.|||The fuel pressure regulator is in the tank on these cars. Sorry, I do not have step-by-step instructions, but I figured I would lt you know where it is. You have to pull out the fuel pump canister in the tank, and disassemble it.

No comments:

Post a Comment