Sunday, November 13, 2011

How much does nissan charge to make a spare key?

My boyfriend is being stubborn and won't call a locksmith to get his keys out of his trunk. He's going to Nissan tomorrow to get them to make him a spare key, but I think it might be cheaper to call a locksmith.|||Shouldn't be more than about $30. But if the car's newer and has an engine immobilizer, you might need the original key anyway.|||Nissan can probably supply a key ex- stock, whereas a locksmith would like to have a sample to cut to.


If it is a key with an anti- theft transponder chip in it, it will cost a bomb no matter where you get it from.


If the Nissan is one that uses their NATS system, the key will probably need to come from Nissan, as all these keys have a code "built in" that has to be presented to the car and "registered" to the car's NATS system. If so, you will need ALL keys (including the one in the trunk), and any remotes you may have.


Surely there is a way into the trunk via the interior?


I had a simple plain key cut from my Nissan transponder key by a locksmith. It won't start the car, but it will open trunk, doors etc. in an emergency such as "keys in trunk". Much cheaper.|||I found recently that I needed a key to my car, my keys were gone,


And I called a locksmith and asked, if I didn't have a master key to work from, how much would it take to make a new key, I was quoted by one locksmith 120 dollars to make a key from scratch with no backup,


If it had just been making an extra key from a key you allready had,


if it was a non electronic car, the remake of a key is only 2 or 3 dollars,


If it is a key that has to communicate with the car to be turned on, making a new key is 30 to 40 dollars,


It would be cheaper to get a locksmith to just get your trunk open,





By the way, some cars have a lever inside the car that will pop open the trunk.


I'd be looking for that lever, and if you cant find one, perhaps start looking for a new boyfriend.|||Car companies charge way too much. Go to a key cutter in a local mall and they will do it for half the price.(Where I used to live, they did)|||If the key is transponder it cost $90.00|||$30.00 ...............but that's my guess


%26gt;it may be more


%26gt;it may be less

No comments:

Post a Comment