Sunday, November 13, 2011

Does Nissan have someone to contact besides dealers to help with a lemon car Under warranty?

I have Nissan Altima 2003 with 35,000 miles on it, Still under warranty.I followed the mantienance schedule carefully This car is running the third engine that was put by the authorized Nissan Shop plus the car had many other problems that were covered by the warranty. I had real bad time with this car. It keeps giving troubles, they just keep fixing until the warranty expires. Then what? I am still paying the car, a car thats not dependable. It may be the authorized service center fault but I still keep having troubles. Need someone from Nissan to help me, I want this car to be exchanged for another. PS I live in Puerto Rico US|||You're going to have to continue to deal wtih the dealership, they have "exclusive" priveleges to deal with warranty issues.





This is exactly why Toyota is #1 and Honda is #2 among Japanese car makers. I owned a Datsun 210 and drove it for 264,262 miles, but by the time I got done with it I swore I'd never own another Nissen auto because of the dealers and their service.|||Go online with Nissan and find out who the District Manager is for your area and then contact him/her, they will set you straight.





Be sure to have everything documented, if all else fails you can always contact a lawyer..|||BAR, better known as the Bureau of Automobile Repair.|||the dealerships issue the warrenty, so you need to go through them, their are rules to declaring a car a lemmon, just because it breaks down doesnt make it one.|||Check the Lemon Laws in your area. Make sure you haven't passed the date of the statute of limitations. For example here in CA, I have 2 years to tell the dealer to shove the lemon he sold me up his.... After that it's my problem. I'd contact a lawyer anyway because any car manufacturer....especially the dealership...isn't going to want to lose any oney on making it right. They'll fix what they can for as little as they can even if means you keep coming back.|||Call nissan consumer affairs directly at 1-800-NISSAN1 have your vin # handy as they will need it to identify you as a Nissan owner. Tell them the trouble you've been having with the vehicle %26amp; they will create a CA file, contact the repairing dealer and hopefully come to a conclusion as to how to satisfy you. As for the lemon law you'll have to check what the requirements are, they varry from state to state. Here in illinois it requires 3 unsucessfull repair attempts in the first year or 12,000 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment